Cats are amazing pets, not only for their attractiveness and variety of fur colors but also for its developed senses as their hearing. These pets where domesticated by the Egyptians for over 400 years. They require a special care and we have to be aware of the 10 most common diseases in their species.
1. Cystitis: urinary system of cats is one of the most problematic points as they age, as in the case of cystitis
2. Chronic kidney disease: If a kidney or urinary failure is suspected, we owners should monitor the amount of water that is consuming the cat, observe carefully the sand before disposal and verify weight loss, among others.
3. Hyperthyroidism, 4. Lymphosarcoma and 5. Diabetes: These diseases require veterinarian detection and further exams.
6. Stomach problems: They are easy to recognize by the notable symptoms that you see in your pet, like vomiting and diarrhea.
7. Periodontitis or dental disease: Oral problems are caused by the lack of monitoring and can be prevented with regular reviews of the veterinarian.
8. Bowel problems and / or diarrhea: are easier to recognize when watched with some care, the symptoms are vomiting and diarrhea, they should be seen by a veterinarian if it occurs repeatedly
9. Otitis: An inflammation in the ear canal that occurs in both kittens and adult cats, can cause pain and in extreme cases loss of hearing. It occurs when microbes enter in the ears of your pet. It can be recognized by the ear swelling and discomfort that the pet demonstrates, like scratching and tilt his head.
10. Allergic Dermatitis: Usually occurs due to an unbalanced diet. After being diagnosed by the vet it can be cured with different products and a new diet.
Do not forget to send blood and urine analyzes of your cat if it has entered an advanced age to prevent complications and enjoy their company longer.
And if you like to pampe your cat, we recommend:
Advance Cat Adult Chicken & Rice
Royal Canin Feline Sensitive 33